Plangger's Furniture was founded in 1952 by Richard "Rich" Plangger. After proudly serving in WWII, Rich returned home and began working at a local furniture shop in Saint Joseph, MI. After a few short years in varying positions within the store, Rich decided it was time to venture out as a sole proprietor. As Employee #1, Rich would run the small showroom and do all the deliveries, and Employee #2, (his sister) Florence, would operate the office and phones. This dynamic duo would quickly grow out of their shoes, and would add another showroom in 1955, and again in 1960. In 1975 by Rich's son, "Big" Ricky joined in the fun, and the store would then double in size to add their largest showroom in 1988. The latest showroom addition was added in 1994, and a 10000sqft warehouse added in 2000. The store still remains in the same location and the same buildings, and in August 2015, "Little" Ricky joined his dad, "Big" Ricky, in the continued tradition of the family pride.